[Yum] How to create a proper base URL.

On 3/16/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/16/06, indiejade : <indiejade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does yum work to update firefox?  I have been trying, persistently, to
> get
> > my Fx install past 1.0.7 (the version that came w/Fedora Core 4,
> > apparently).   I think I'm going to need some serious help because there
> is
> > something obvious I'm missing (probably because I've been thinking too
> much
> > about it).   When I had MSWindows on my computer, I could get the
> updates,
> > but FC4 seems to have some strange limits RE firefox updates.   TY ahead
> of
> > time.  -shawnee
>

> Please don't hijack threads.
> Please don't top post.
> Both of these are considered bad form and/or rude on mailing lists.
>
> Yum will update to whatever is current in the repository you're using.
> If your repo only has 1.0.7, that's all yum will give you. Yum is not
> yet self-aware enough to seek out and build updated software.
>
> --
> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
> Benjamin Franklin 1775

I apologize.  Sometimes I just start typing the message wherever the cursor
lands when I  hit "reply to thread".     This depends upon email-clients -
you're using gmail, as am I.  Might I add that blatantly pointing this out
and using the word "rude" is more of a hijack to any thread content than my
quesiton was.