[Yum] How to create a proper base URL.

Does yum work to update firefox?  I have been trying, persistently, to get
my Fx install past 1.0.7 (the version that came w/Fedora Core 4,
apparently).   I think I'm going to need some serious help because there is
something obvious I'm missing (probably because I've been thinking too much
about it).   When I had MSWindows on my computer, I could get the updates,
but FC4 seems to have some strange limits RE firefox updates.   TY ahead of
time.  -shawnee