Re: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ricky Zhou wrote:

Thomas Chung wrote:
Well, in my opinion, a small group of dedicated webmasters can answer
"webmaster" emails with cc to webmaster@xxxx on every emails.

I think this is better than spamming 180 members in
fedora-website-list or 53 members in web group in FSA.
And the submitter will be explicitly told to reply to all on every
e-mail (or the webmaster will have to forward them all)?  How about if
we used a separate webmaster mailing list?  This would solve the problem
of spamming all members of fedora-website-list/web and allow the
convenience and openness of group-wide knowledge of all requests, plus
moderation (since *some* spam will still likely get through).

How does that idea sound?

My only concern with that is security stuff and I'm not sure how the archives would help. We actually do have a precedent in place in that accounts@xxxx and admin@xxxx work that way. If we're going to have a separate mailing list, why not just forward webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to fedora-websites-list? That could work (if we got the spam part under control)

   -Mike

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]