Re: Fedora i18n coordination

Hi
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

Since Fedora embraces many poorly documented breeding edge technologies such as SELinux and Xen, many other distributions' Linux users are relying on Fedora's documentation. We need to focus our translator's resources on these quality documents.

Xen, I might agree with you. SELinux is neither bleeding edge nor poorly documented now.

Yes, FC3 SELinux is now well documented. FC4's SELinux is not really different from FC3. However with FC5, MCS and MLS stuffs might be implemented. It seems FC5 SELinux will have reference-policy instead of targeted-policy. (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-November/msg00111.html) Existing documents won't be able to cope with FC5 or FC6 SELinux. People will be looking Fedora for documentation again.

Fedora is on breeding edge and fedora's documentation really helps people adopt new technologies. Technology might be mature when Fedora implement the technology, but it often lacks documentation. As long as Fedora is the distribution which introduce new technologies to mass, fedora documentation's importance will never go away.

-Yoshihiro

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Linux ARM]     [ARM Kernel]     [Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Coolkey]     [Yum Users]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Asterisk PBX]