Re: OT: force re-download in clasw-mail

Hello Bob,

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 14:50:48 -0500 Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 02/26/18 14:22, wwp wrote:
> >
> > Well, as I could check, your +1 in your previous message was based on
> > your experience with Claws Mail, 9 years ago. It's basically, totally
> > outdated and irrelevant now. Not only this has been "fixed" by the team
> > in those times (bz#1866) but completely re-worked later so that it's
> > compliant to the way Claws Mail handles deletion and move-to-trash
> > whatever it's IMAP or notl if you delete, it's permanent delete; if you
> > move to trash, it's moved to trash.  I see nothing special or exotic in
> > that. In addition to that, you can still commit changes immediately or
> > make them held until you press "execute".
> >

> > Regards,
> +
> This thread has inspired me to try Claws, I was able to create a mail account and collect a lot of mail in pop, but the instructions for putting received mail into directories, as I do with Thunderbird, leaves me totally confused.
>
> Can you point me to a simple set of instructions, best with a filter example ... I created a folder for Newegg but nothing else I added seemed to satisfy Claws.

By default, incoming messages from your POP account will land onto the
Inbox folder of the Mail (MH).

Check that in your account preferences, 'Filter messages on receiving'
is checked in the Receive tab.

Now, you have to learn how the Configuration/Filtering works (Filtering
is for filtering incoming messages, but some processing rules can also
be set to folder themselves - filtering and processing rules are
identical).

A good start, to learn it, is to receive a message first in Inbox,
select it and go to Tools/Create filter rule. You pick the criteria you
want, it adds it. Now go to Configuration/Preferences and see how you
can tune it if necessary - and RTM.

I won't go further here, it's not only off-topic but also not replying
to the original topic of this thread. You're welcome on the Claws Mail
users mailing-list or IRC channel if you want!

Regards,

--
wwp