Re: Experiment with sagemath and Polybori needs to be built

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Jerry, sorry for more newbie questions, but what is the procedure to
> request a package update?

File a bug against the package in bugzilla.  Often, people will prefix
the bug summary with "RFE: " (Request For Enhancement).  The current
symmetrica maintainer is Conrad Meyer.  I am comaintaining several of
his packages, because he has been short on time recently for working
on Fedora packaging.  I will contact him about comaintaining
symmetrica also.

>  Also, what you suggest to "update" to run rawhide?

I still think you should update to F-17.  Really.  It's about to be
released, but you can get the nearly final version as described here:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-May/166719.html

I'm not sure if the preupgrade package is ready to go yet or not, but
you could try that as well.  If you really, really want to install
Rawhide, then install the fedora-release-rawhide package, then edit
the files in /etc/yum.repos.d to enable the Rawhide repositories and
disable your current repositories.  Then run "yum distro-sync" and
cross your fingers.  Backup your system first, either way!
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/