Re: Process Change: Package Reviews with Flags

On Tuesday, 06 February 2007 at 19:32, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski (dominik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > No. It adds a hurdle that wasn't there before. Personally, I'm probably
> > going to postpone importing any packages I have queued up until this is
> > changed back. What was so wrong with anyone in cvsextras group being able
> > to modify owners.list that you had to change it?
>
> Simple - by allowing any edits, you allow anyone to change the ownership,
> and therefore allow/grant access, to packages they don't own.

And we had... how many incidents with people making themselves owners
of others' packages, exactly? AFAIR the problem was mostly with people
forgetting to add themselves to that file after importing a package.

I'm not convinced this is a necessary change.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski