Re: Rebuild exisitng errata for x86_64?

Jesse Keating wrote:

The way I see it, Fedora Extras and Core already have access to PPC systems and Legacy is meanwhile waiting for hardware donations. If we share the infrastructure and we are well integrated, that shouldnt be happening. This is not about shoving anything but tapping into the resources available till we can separate it more in the future if thats desirable.

This 'donation' could come from Red Hat, much like the Extras systems
came from Red Hat.  The thing is we want separation now, so rather than
get settled into a system and then move out later, we'd rather do it
right to begin with.  Some of the resources can be shared, such as a
repo of all the Fedora packages to pull from on a high speed link.  So
think of it as adding a couple more systems into the existing
infrastructure and just tagging them for use by Legacy.
I dont think legacy is going to be using the build system as much as core and extras. It might be better to use a common pool of build systems separated by access time or build cycles rather than a physical allocation of individual build systems. In other words, does the current model of separation serve any real purpose other than being theoretically more clean?

--
Rahul

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx