Re: 8.0 packages to QA

Quoting Paul Heinlein <heinlein@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Johnny Strom wrote:

So to fix this I porpose that we setup a "what needs to be done list" that is sent out every second week or so, any thoughts on that?

It would be *so* nice to have something like that or, if it already exists, a bugzilla URL that will accomplish the same thing. If the latter, I'd happy write up a bash/wget script that people can use in their own cron jobs.

There is a web link to the bugzilla stuff, but it isn't as useful as a clear, detailed email would be since the subject line is often inaccurate, etc.

Part of the problem -- and this is merely a description, not a gripe,
and it's certainly not directed at Jesse, who's put in way more work
than anyone should expect -- is that it's difficult to find the time
to figure out what needs doing. I'd happily Q/A more packages, but
doing so requires (afaict) lots of bugzilla spelunking, and I'm still
never sure if I've got it all.

Sometimes it does indeed. Some of the bugzilla subjects only mention e.g. RH 7.3, but then the entry also addresses RH 8.0, but how to know that without reading each entry in full? That makes things difficult...

I realize that it requires lots of labor hours to make nifty
interfaces and current web pages -- but that's my view from the cheap
seats.

Yes, but it does pay off in increased community participation.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein@xxxxxxxxxxx>

-- Eric Rostetter