RE: Last weeks F17 updates and problems with booting

I almost went the same path except my problem was in the ACPI code.  An
update had the nasty side effect of turning the CPU fan on full speed
all the time.  About a week before I was going to have an opportunity to
re-image and switch to a different OS another update fixed the issue.
Fedora is awesome when it works but when it gets broken it can be really
difficult to fix...