Re: Last weeks F17 updates and problems with booting

One interesting difference between level 3 and default boot.

With default boot and quiet etc off I see a iscsi failure that I don't see in level 3:

[Failed] Failed to start LSB: Starts and Stops login and scanning of iscsi devices. Asks to run systemctl status iscsi.service for details.

But of course when I run this in level 3 I don't see the problem because I never see that failure message on. Lot in level 3.

I wonder if I just need to reinstall Fedora 17 at this stage. It's very disappointing that there isn't some sort of diagnostic tool that I could run to solve and fix this issue. F17 has been the most troublesome for me. I started at F7 and don't remember anything like the issues I've had this time around. (my preupgrade failed and I had to install from scratch and now this from-scratch install had a problem with an update.)  /me looks forward to F18 (I think). (or maybe it's my Lenovo x220)

William