Re: Proposal for the future - (was: KDE SIG QA help needed)

On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 04:26:00PM +0200, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Talking about changes, you mentioned that there are many applications and they
> are tested at the end of the cycle. Can you please share more details about
> it? Is it a matter of the number of the applications in the Live image, or
> there are some of them which are more troublesome to test.
> Or maybe the applications by KDE simply don't have automated tests, while
> there are some of them for Gnome applications?
> Or a combination of all of them?

See Steven's other reply to this for some context. Here is the release
criterion:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_26_Final_Release_Criteria#Default_application_functionality

which says:

  All applications that can be launched using the standard graphical
  mechanism of a release-blocking desktop after a default installation of
  that desktop must start successfully and withstand a basic
  functionality test.

  Basic functionality means that the app must at least be broadly
  capable of its most basic expected operations, and that it must not
  crash without user intervention or with only basic user intervention.

>From this, I think sheer number is an issue. In Workstation, there are
GUI 36 applications available on the Live image, not counting Anaconda.
That's already a lot, really -- but in KDE, I count *79* in the menu at
the bottom left.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>