Re: Migrating license agreement from FAS2 to FAS3

On Thu, 3 Nov 2016 12:18:33 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good Morning Everyone,
>
> This morning I started looking at migration our license agreements
> from FAS2 to FAS3.
>
> We currently have 8 CLAs in FAS2:
> - cla_dell
> - cla_done
> - cla_ibm
> - cla_fedora
> - cla_redhat
> - cla_click
> - cla_intel
> - cla_fpca

I think some of these are no longer used, but we should confirm with
spot.

The process in fas2 was any of the cla_whatever would auto add you to
cla_done and thats the one we look at to see if it's done.

> For the moment, in the migration script I created a dummy license
> agreement: `cla_fpca` and migrated all the people member of the
> `cla_fpca` group in FAS2 as having signed that new license agreement.

So, FPCA isn't really a CLA... and see:
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/4806

We were hoping to nuke all refrences to CLA in fas3... and just have
FPCA. From that ticket it sounds like the ibm one is the only one still
active? so perhaps have a fpca_ibm and fpca and the ibm one grants fpca?

> The question I have is basically: do we want to migrate all 8 CLAs by
> creating their respective LAs in FAS3 and migrating their members or
> are we only interested in the FPCA group these days?
>
> Thoughts?

Only active ones for sure...see that ticket and we can figure out which
ones can die?

kevin