Re: Migrating license agreement from FAS2 to FAS3

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 08:12:18AM -0400, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> On 11/03/2016 07:18 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > Good Morning Everyone,
> >
> > This morning I started looking at migration our license agreements from FAS2 to
> > FAS3.
> >
> > We currently have 8 CLAs in FAS2:
> > - cla_dell
> > - cla_done
> > - cla_ibm
> > - cla_fedora
> > - cla_redhat
> > - cla_click
> > - cla_intel
> > - cla_fpca
> >
> > For the moment, in the migration script I created a dummy license agreement:
> > `cla_fpca` and migrated all the people member of the `cla_fpca` group in FAS2 as
> > having signed that new license agreement.
> >
> > The question I have is basically: do we want to migrate all 8 CLAs by creating
> > their respective LAs in FAS3 and migrating their members or are we only
> > interested in the FPCA group these days?
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> From a usability standpoint, even though these groups are deprecated, I
> still see a notable number of new people apply to these groups (even if
> they're not employees of said companies). It can also be a little confusing
> with the FPCA in place too. If it's easy to do so, it's my opinion that it
> would make more sense to keep it all to one group. :)

My preference is also to just keep cla_fpca and call it a day, but then we loose
some data/history.
So the question is: do we care about that data/history?

Since those CLAs are no longer used, we could no care, I just want to make sure
it's the case :)

Thanks,
Pierre