Re: Triage of fedmsg issues

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 16:24:40 +0100
Aurelien Bompard <abompard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'd like to do some triage of the fedmsg issues currently open on
> Github, then discuss with you what we should prioritize and decide on
> a roadmap. Triage, first. I haven't had a chance to get to know
> fedmsg inimately enough so I hope you'll correct me. Here is the list
> of open issues in reverse chronological order, and the label that I
> plan to assign to them. Some may be obsolete, I'd love to have your
> opinion on those.

One thought: do we want to look at migrating to pagure and doing the
triage there? Or doing triage now and moving later?

> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/373
> Extract underylying technology stack into a clearly Fedora independent
> library?
> -> enhancement, docs
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/372
> fedmsg-logger --json-input can't handle multiline json
> -> bug, easyfix
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/371
> fedmsg-hub pulls a huge amount of backlog from datagrepper when simply
> restarted
> -> enhancement, performance
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/370
> irc bot no messages
> -> docs
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/365
> Add file-based locking to CRL modification
> -> bug
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/339
> OS name, release and architecture to meta?
> -> enhancement, easyfix
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/320
> BadObject when deleting a branch from git repository
> -> obsolete?

This is likely also https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/4022
Perhaps I should close that one UPSTREAM?
(I have no idea if it still needs fixing)

> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/312
> encoding discrepancies between php and python
> -> bug
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/304
> python sample does not work like suggested in docs
> -> docs
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/302
> fedmsg-relay --daemon ENVAL and flooding logs
> -> bug
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/260
> seperate colors for the secondary arch builds on irc?
> -> enhancement
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/172
> Add fedmsg hooks for transifex platform
> -> enhancement, blocked
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/159
> Add fedmsg-meta-debian to the topics docs
> -> docs
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/156
> Should BaseProcessor default to None for string-returning methods?
> -> enhancement, breaks-compat
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/148
> Implement callback to check the state of the socket in
> fedmsg.tail_messages -> enhancement
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/137
> Askbot messages should distinguish between answer and comment
> -> enhancement
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/119
> static analysis consumer
> -> enhancement
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/114
> Add a g+ bot
> -> enhancement
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/91
> Rename fedmsg to python-fedmsg in rpm-land.
> -> obsolete? (fedmsg only contains doc and depends on python-*
> packages)
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/47
> fedmsg.text internationalization
> -> enhancement
>

> I'll go ahead and apply those labels (except the "obsolete" ones) but
> I'd love to have your thoughts on them and on the general process.
> Thanks!

All those sound good to me.

kevin