Re: Re : Ask Fedora: unconfigure or completely patch out "Closed: question is answered"

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 05:46:00PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Holcroft wrote:
> Le 23/10/2016 à 11:34, Fabio Alessandro Locati a écrit :
> > > Well, Zanata isn't the best tool ever (many change tracking and team work
> > > features are lacking), using other tools like Weblate, Pootle, DamnedLies or
> > > even Transifex is no big deal.
> > I think this is actually a big deal.
> > IMHO is better to use a single non perfect software/platform than 5 perfect
> > softwares, becuase using multiple softwares/platform makes it harderd
> > for new contributor and contributors that are not very active (aka: the
> > "long tail").
> Most developers use git to manage their projects, but nobody force them to
> use github, gitlab, pagure, etc.

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

This is true for the generic Open Source world, but is not true for
Fedora (nor any other distro).
If you want to create a package for Fedora you MUST use the pkgs.fpo git
(soon it will be pagure). I think this is right and needed as a project.

Best,
Fale
--
Fabio Alessandro Locati
Red Hat - Senior Consultant

PGP Fingerprint: E815 3C49 2A8D FD8B 1CBD  BC85 FDB3 DF20 B2DC 9C1B