Re: Ask Fedora: unconfigure or completely patch out "Closed: question is answered"

On 24.10.2016 09:50, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 01:41:07AM +0200, Brian Exelbierd wrote:
>> Do we have activity statistics for the Ask site?  Can we determine if
>> non-contributors are using it and actually getting help?
> There are 17,264 questions on the site, and only 3,914 are unanswered.
> I can't speak to the quality of those answers overall, though. A random
> sampling shows some good and great ansewrs and some horrifically awful
> ones. Of concern to me, there's not much voting to help indicate which
> are which.
Not voting much is definitely true for ask.fpo and I think it would be
interesting to find out why users don't use vote much (esp.
down-voting). Maybe not enough active users? Maybe to high hurdle to up
and downvote? ...?
> The non-English subsites are a lot less successful, with under 1000
> questions total.
That is to be expected, Other languages are less popular and the
non-English sites are also much younger (created later).
> Web stats show a lot of visitors -- something like 260,000 unique
> visitors monthly, which is about double what we see for Fedora
> Magazine, for example.
Maybe worth fixing askbot?