Re: Re : Ask Fedora: unconfigure or completely patch out "Closed: question is answered"

Le 22/10/2016 à 21:12, Brian Exelbierd a écrit :
Agreed 100%. I'd love to see an audit of how various language/culture communities are managing user interaction. My initial points of concern are:

* I feel like we should be offering better translation of items that aren't in the formal docs, if they aren't already. I hear of many projects where a particular language community is translating outside of t18n and zanata.

Well, Zanata isn't the best tool ever (many change tracking and team work features are lacking), using other tools like Weblate, Pootle, DamnedLies or even Transifex is no big deal.

* Should we have a set of services we can spin up on a per language basis, such as Ask, forums, planet, etc.

How can we bring non-English language users into the fold more by providing multi-lingual support or sign posts.

There is a huge gap in that subject, it's an objective Fedora doesn't have at the moment but it would be a huge and interesting work! I wrote a proposal about it but haven't started yet to survey L10N coordinators about it: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jibecfed/Localization_proposal-Help_languages

Definitely a discussion to put a pin in for later.

I'll be please to help, I talked with Stephen John Smoogen to make stats dedicated to languages, using website stats and appstream stats, maybe mailing-list+Zanata stats. It may give a good overview about this subject.

(sorry, this conversation should probably not be hosted in infrastructure mailing list or even this thread)

--
Jean-Baptiste Holcroft