Announcing 2.92.0 (Beta-1) release of Lohit Malayalam from lohit2 project

Hi All,

    Here comes the 2.92.0 release of Lohit Malayalam. We done number of improvements and bug fixes over the earlier release [1]. I am happy we able to resolve all reported bugs against alpha in 2.92.0 release.

    Following are the highlights:
  • We had around 9 below base glyphs not used in any lookup, we removed those glyphs.
  • Using "copy reference" for glyphs instead of copying whole glyph points in most of the places.
  • Sfd file size is now 384K, 2.91.0 release was 408K.
  • Renamed anchor point, it will help in long term for making single Lohit font having all scripts.
  • Removed Samvruthokaram ligature.
  • Resolved 10 issues reported on github [2]  : #35,#36,#37,#38,.#39,#40.#41,#42,#43,#44.
  • More test cases in test file.
  • Auto test integrated with Makefile ($make test)

    For this release special thanks to Santhosh Thottingal for his detailed review of Alpha. It helped lot to identify key issues.

    I feel this release is near to final release of Lohit Malayalam and we can consider this as a Beta.

    Our goal with Lohit2 is to make effective and efficient font which can be used as a reference for new font developments activity. We still need help from community to test it and make sure Lohit is following all standards.

    Updated lohit project page [3] for download details. Source tarball link [4], TTF tarball link [5] and webfonts format for Lohit is at [6].

    Feel free to report any issue AT github. [7]

1. https://www.redhat.com/archives/lohit-devel-list/2014-January/msg00019.html
2. https://github.com/pravins/lohit/issues/<ISSUE-NUM>
3. https://fedorahosted.org/lohit/
4. https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/o/lohit/lohit-malayalam-2.92.0.tar.gz