[Announce] Released 2.94.0 version of the Lohit Devanagari (Lohit2 project)

Hi All,

    We identified couple of bugs against 2.93.0 release of lohit-devanagari. While more working on same bugs we saw some more opportunity for improvements from glyph positioning tables (GPOS) and using references of glyphs (reusing existing glyphs) rather than copying complete shape.

    Following improvements  done in this release:
  • Positioning lookups cleanup. (Removed 3 unnecessary lookups)
  • Improved grid fitting (GASP) table.
  • Renamed anchor points to DVAnchor, it will help in long term for making single Lohit font having all scripts.
  • Using copy reference instead of copying whole glyph points.
  • Auto test integrated with Makefile ($make test).
  • Added Santali language (sat) in fontconfig file.
  • Resolved #32: "सर्व्हिस does not render correctly"
  • Resolved #33: "improper rendering for word : "मञ्यांच्या""

   Updated lohit project page [1] for download details. Source tarball link [2], TTF tarball link [3] and webfonts format for Lohit is at [4].

   I will soon build this for Fedora. Feel free to report any issues in github[5]

   I am happy with each release we are moving towards the perfection.

Regards,
Pravin Satpute

1. https://fedorahosted.org/lohit
2. https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/o/lohit/lohit-devanagari-2.94.0.tar.gz