Re: handling of fonts in the langpack plugin

Le Lun 27 février 2012 13:04, Akira TAGOH a écrit :

> NM> This won't work at rpm level because you need to export tuples
> NM> (name,langage,priority) and rpm only understands monovalued properties
>
> No need to limit trying to find out the way for rpm only
> because we are talking about the langpack plugin right?

If you don't define rpm-friendly metadata, repoquery, yum and rpm won't work
on your new keys (and I predict it'll be a major testing/QA/audit problem if
the only testing app is anaconda) and you'll need to ship yum/rpm metadata
anyway (so users can actually select packages), bloating indexes and slowing
down yum.

So I would advise against it.

Also such a change requires cooperation of all font packagers, ie guidelines
and FPC approval, so be careful not to spend too much time on a solution that
can't be sold there.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot