Re: handling of fonts in the langpack plugin

Le Lun 27 février 2012 03:12, Akira TAGOH a écrit :

Hi,

> I suppose we can do similar thing what I did on
> http://tagoh.fedorapeople.org/fonts/fedora-current-defaultfonts.html.
> It was completely machine-generated from what the packages provides in the
> fontconfig config files (+ comps to pick up the languages we support and to
> notice if it's intentional result or not, but anyway).
>
> I guess the plugin could reasonably works in a timely manner if we can
> provides font(:priority=<n>) and font(:targetlang=<foo>) when the
> locale-specific overrides rule is applied.

This won't work at rpm level because you need to export tuples
(name,langage,priority) and rpm only understands monovalued properties

(ideally we should also export the family variant not only its name)

We sort of worked around the (name,language) tuple barrier by requiring a
package to only contain a single font family but for priority that can not
work.

You may try to hack around with font(:lang) = version but that requires some
serious thought to map fontconfig priorities to rpm versions (and what will
happen at upgrade time when a font is promoted/demoted)?

This is all a PITA that would be way more natural and less error-prone if
someone taught rpm to work with tuple properties. Because that's what fonts
metadata really requires

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot