Re: Fedora 21 on BeagleBoard-xM Rev C

On Tuesday, March 03 2015, Scott M. Jones wrote:

> I had a similar problem when I was first setting mine up, but I kept
> rebooting over and over and eventually got to a root shell.  Once there
> I did a yum update and it has been stable ever since.
>
> So... Try booting over and over and if you get to a root shell, connect
> to a network and update immediately.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.  I managed to solve the problem a
while ago, but forgot to post what I did here.

I am not really sure what was wrong.  But here is roughly what I did:

- Updated u-boot using F22's version, instead of the (provided) F21

- Used Arch[GNU/]Linux's scripts to regenerate my sdcard and initial
  boot partitions.  You can see the instructions here:

    <http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/ti/beagleboard>

  The script to create the sdcard can be found here:

    <http://archlinuxarm.org/os/omap/BeagleBoard-bootloader.tar.gz>

- Adapted the sdcard created by the script mentioned above in order to
  accomodate the necessary Fedora partitions.

After all of that, the system finally booted.  I am still seeing many
warnings from Linux during the boot, and I spent a lot of time doing the
steps above and figuring out what worked and what didn't, so I can't
really say now if everything is indeed needed, or if only a subset of
the steps above would fix the problem.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who is also trying to install Fedora on
a BeagleBoard-xM Rev C.

Cheers,

--
Sergio