Re: Fedora Censorship status

On 21/09/2020 21:54, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:27 PM Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Since we're offering opinions, I'll offer mine as well.
>>>
>>> I feel the opposite and find blog posts unrelated to Fedora appearing
>>> on Planet Fedora to be a distraction.  I also feel that this isn't
>>> censorship as there is no inherent right to post whatever people want
>>> on Fedora run services.
>>

>> Nonetheless, if somebody does in fact post a distraction, why shouldn't
>> people impacted by the distraction have a right-of-reply, in your terms,
>> posting a counter-distraction?
>
> This is a good question.  I would do 2 things.
>
> 1) Offer the ability for people to make take-down requests, removing
> the specific post from the aggregator.
> 2) If 1 got too large then just remove the aggregator entirely and
> replace it with vetted and curated blog posts driven through the a
> dedicated Fedora SIG focused on reviewing the content.

Fedora is full of smart people with smart ideas

For example, did you know somebody registered fedora.community back in
2015?  They deserve a medal.

Your idea is equally smart:

- an uncurated planet

- a curated newsletter (or alternative planet)

Each person can then choose which one they subscribe to.  Before the
web, most organizations, from football clubs to student unions only had
the latter, a curated newsletter.

The funny thing is, this split already started to happen with
  uncensored.some-other.community vs planet.some-other.org

I'm glad we are in agreement.  If nobody else volunteers, I'd volunteer
to work on the curated.fedora.community site.

Regards,

Daniel