Re: Team directory docs

Hey Ben,

On 8/27/20 8:59 AM, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
> Hi, Ben,
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 7:43 PM Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've published the first draft of the docs for the team directory in
>> an attempt to address the questions raised in last week's meeting:
>>
>> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/council/procedures/team_directory/
>
> Thank you for writing it.

Thanks for leading this work!

>> Does this make the expectations and purpose more clear?

I am looking for clarity on the deliverable. The expectation for
downstream teams is to create a file in a path like this:

`docs_repo_name/modules/ROOT/_partials/TEMPLATE_team_info.adoc`

And it has to be named exactly like that for it to be picked up?

If yes, this is a clever albeit non-obvious way of doing it. Additional
wording about the path requirement in a downstream docs repo clears that
up for me.

If no... need your help to explain another way. :)

> I would add a sentence to clarify that SIGs and Working Groups are
> also considered to be Teams in this doc. Because some people, like me,
> are used to thinking in terms of SIGs and may feel like the Team is
> something different.

+1. Team, SIGs, Working Groups, Objective leads, Sub-Projects... we are
a community of many names. :) With subtle, implicit meanings that are
not understood the same way by every person.

Better to make inclusion explicit so folks don't read this and then
self-select that they are not eligible to be listed.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory (he/him)