Re: upgrading from Code of Conduct to Code of Ethics

On 26/08/2020 18:17, Ben Cotton wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 9:07 PM Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Has there been any discussion about upgrading to something that is more
>> consistent with best practice or why this would not be desirable?
>>
> The Council recognizes that our existing Code of Conduct leaves a lot
> to be desired. A draft is being worked through with Red Hat Legal

OK, it is good to see we found common ground on this so quickly.

I also appreciate the way so many Red Hat employees use their redhat.com
email addresses, not every company in the free software space is
consistent about that.

> (albeit *much *more slowly than we'd like) that brings it up to the
> current state of the art for codes of conduct. Once that is done, it
> will be shared for community input. Council ticket #145[1] is the
> place that updates will happen when available.
>
> [1] https://pagure.io/Fedora-Council/tickets/issue/145

Thanks, I'll be happy to look at it and give some feedback.

Regards,

Daniel