upgrading from Code of Conduct to Code of Ethics

I've recently been looking at the Code of Ethics in various professional
organizations such as the ACM Code of Ethics[1]

Most open source Codes of Conduct, including Fedora[2], are incredibly
vague while Codes of Ethics are quite specific about the most compelling
issues, such as conflicts of interest.

Has there been any discussion about upgrading to something that is more
consistent with best practice or why this would not be desirable?

My recent blog[3] about challenges in another community makes some very
specific comments on how the code of conduct was not fit for purpose
when handling criminal accusations against a volunteer.  I feel this
failed both the accused and any potential victims.  The relevant
comments are mostly in the concluding paragraphs for those who don't
want to read the whole thing.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://www.acm.org/code-of-ethics