Re: Team directory docs

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 1:10 PM Justin W. Flory (he/him)
<jflory7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am looking for clarity on the deliverable. The expectation for
> downstream teams is to create a file in a path like this:
>
> `docs_repo_name/modules/ROOT/_partials/TEMPLATE_team_info.adoc`
>
> And it has to be named exactly like that for it to be picked up?

It's not automatic. Looking at Adam's example[1], I don't think
there's anything magical about the naming. It could be called whatever
because it has to be manually added. I'll let him chime in on that,
though.

> +1. Team, SIGs, Working Groups, Objective leads, Sub-Projects... we are
> a community of many names. :) With subtle, implicit meanings that are
> not understood the same way by every person.

"Teams" was used (starting with the December 2018 Council meeting in
Minneapolis, because that's where you go in December) to avoid some of
the confusion around names (i.e. the difference between a SIG and a
Working Group is not meaningful). It's an XKCD 927 situation. I'll add
a clarification as to what "teams" means.

[1] https://pagure.io/Fedora-Council/council-docs/blob/master/f/engineering/modules/ROOT/pages/index.adoc
[2] https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedora-strategy-faq-part-1-what-is-actually-changing/
[3] https://xkcd.com/927/

--