Re: Code of Conduct and Fedora Planet

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 01:00:37AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> On 28/03/2020 00:36, Josh Boyer wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 27, 2020, 4:30 PM Chris Punches <punches.chris@xxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:punches.chris@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     I vote for restoration of Daniel's blog.
> >

> > Hi Chris.  Thanks for showing support for a fellow contributor.
> > However, CoC issues are not handled via the community at large and
> > aren't really voting kinds of events.
>
> Why not?  That's how the jury system works.

1) Fedora does not use a Jury system
2) This is not how the jury system works. In a jury system the jurors vote
not everyone

> > From past experience with CoC related items, I can confidently say
> > Matthew is working diligently with the proper parties and working to
> > resolve things in the manner best fitting the situation.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_justice
>
> "it is seen as a fundamental right guaranteeing liberty"
>
> FSFE and Debian don't suffer from a 'Campaign of Harassment' right now,

This is off-topic.

> Josh, your email is not fact, it feels like more innuendo and the Code
> of Conduct doesn't permit that according to Matthew.

Josh explicitly wrote that he is writing about his experience. This is
not innuendo according to this definition:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/de/worterbuch/englisch/innuendo

> I would rather that we air all the dirty laundry now so I can clear my
> head and deal with the more serious grief and tragedy that has come my
> way.  But FSFE and Debian's so-called "leaders" insisted that Free

FSFE and Debian are again off-topic here.

Kind regards
Till