Re: Code of Conduct and Fedora Planet

Hi Daniel. I want to talk about the outcome I’d like to see, and see if
we can get to a common ground.

First, I recognize that your contributions in Fedora go way back. I see
that you’re working on technical things in a constructive way. And I
like your points on investing in leadership skills. I can see that you
have a lot of positive things to bring to any community project.

At the same time, Fedora is not the place for attacks on other
communities or individuals, via mailing lists or public blog posts.

Bluntly, I don’t see a way for these things to coexist. I’d like to see
a future where this contradiction doesn’t come up. The approach you are
taking is not effective. It may stir things up, but it does not bring
reasonable people to your side.

Fedora is a place for people collaborating together to build free and
open source operating system solutions. Fedora is not a place to pursue
personal attacks which are disruptive in other communities. I’d love
for you to be able to be a constructive part of the Project, but you
really do have to choose one or the other.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>