Re: New Objective proposal

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 4:20 AM Brian (bex) Exelbierd
<bexelbie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Resurrecting this for one more question and starting with a top post (gasp):
>
> I was re-reading the entire proposal this morning while considering my
> vote.  This time through, I thought to myself, "How does this overlap
> with our existing modularity objective?"  Can you touch on that, as it
> seems both of these will be touching some of the same "parts."

One way to look at it is an expansion or follow-up to Modularity. In
fact, many of the same people are involved. Bringing modularity to the
distro, however, isn't the same as re-engineering the distro to
support the lifecycle split we talked about at Flock. For now the
Modularity WG is starting to track this work because of the cross
over. In formulating the objective we decided it wouldn't make sense
to make a completely different group.

We might look at renaming to take on the expanded scope, but as long
as we're clear about where community members can follow the action,
that shouldn't be a source of confusion.

--
Paul