Re: New Objective proposal

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 12:28 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 10:01:19AM -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> > I expect we'll have a timeline toward the end of the
> > "discovery/investigation" phase. It's hard right now to put an ETA on
> > the work without figuring out first the total pile of things that need
> > to be fixed, changed, created, etc.
>
> Yeah, that's fair, but that can itself be the answer. How long is the
> discovery/investigation phase, and what will its concrete output be? How do
> we know that we've discovered and investigated enough?

To answer in order:

* I would think the end of CY2018 for the first phase, maybe
DevConf.cz at latest. There are several hurdles that could interfere
with sooner:
  * Successful F29 release and not wanting to get in its way
  * Internal RH projects that need to be finished or ramped down

* A list of epics that can be used to classify/track, prioritize, and
drive all the underlying tasks (TBD in tree.taiga.io)

* I doubt this is a project that will be "done once and for all."
There will be some iteration needed. We've discovered enough when we
can plan out 3, maybe 4 releases worth of work (say, to F32 or so).
The environment around Fedora changes too rapidly to make it
worthwhile to go further.

--
Paul