Re: IRC SIG needs external oversight

I don't claim to have any answers to this  problem and I am an outsider in the context of administration, continued reading of this thread has brought me to one simple conclusion, this situation needs a radical departure from current norm. As I've stated, I had a problem 6 years ago in that channel, not as a user, as someone willing to help others. That's 6 years. Stephen Smoogen has stated here that this issue has been ongoing for 10+ years. Looking at all the tickets involved regarding the OP that this current discussion started about literally makes me shake my head. It's quite clear that the solutions, if any, prior to this discussion, hasn't worked. In my opinion only a all encompassing definite change will actually correct this, along with the framework for dealing with any future issues that may arise that the steps are well documented so there is no question as to what is needed to be done which hopefully brings and end to all of this.

Earl aka Landor