Re: IRC SIG needs external oversight

It somewhat pains me to read comments like the one Máirín gave, but is sadly true. I have many friends in other channels that were created for the sole purpose of 'rescuing' folks from Fedora who were being bashed bu "upper management". Most of the time when these folks are found out, they are titled as 'witch hunters' by Fedora OPs and are otherwise regarded as troublemakers themselves when they are simply attempting to keep the person who was bashed originally from moving to another distro.

Truthfully, the IRC SIG tickets are not making us any progress except to append and change wording within our code of conduct. Historically, OPs simply received a wrist slap and were sent on their way. It would be very nice to have an actual Fedora authority figure (such as a Council member) to govern the IRC OPs instead of letting us govern ourselves. I think this would generate a very large sigh of relief by most (if not all) of the Fedora IRC community.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread eventually becomes "lost" like previous reports against the OPs, though I would hope not.