IRC SIG needs external oversight

The culture on the Fedora IRC channels is hostile and unwelcoming. I recently asked for technical help in #fedora and most of the responses were insults. I went to #fedora-ops to report the offending user and was horrified to see that the user is one of the IRC operators. So, I found the link to the IRC issue tracker <https://fedorahosted.org/irc-support-sig/> in the #fedora channel topic and reported my experience at <https://fedorahosted.org/irc-support-sig/ticket/192>

I looked back through past issues on this tracker and found that my experience was not an isolated incident. The operator who was rude to me has had many complaints against them over years. Looking at other issues on the tracker, there are a few other users (I think they're also operators) who also have years of complaints about their abrasive behavior. Occasionally, the reports on the tracker mention racist behavior.

Time and time again, the IRC SIG had a meeting about a reported incident and decided to take no meaningful action against its own operators/regular users. I think it's clear that the IRC SIG is incapable of governing itself and needs outside oversight, or the IRC channel will continue to be a hostile place that reflects poorly on Fedora.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to address this. I found the Community Working Group wiki page but it seems that group hasn't had a meeting in 5 years.