Re: forming the Modules WG

On 03/15/2016 08:13 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 11:47:08AM +0000, White, Langdon wrote:
>>> Was that initial members? Then voting took place after that?
>>
>> Yeah, then each group came up with their own charter and rules for
>> replacing members. Only Env & Stacks went for full open elections for
>> replacement, FWIW.
>
> Looks like lot of fun for the one who will organize these elections :-)

Speaking for the Server WG, we found that just allowing people to carry on until
they feel like they're not willing to do it any more was a reasonable balance.
We have had some turnover at times and it's been pretty smooth.

Once someone steps down, we seek out replacements and then vote majority (but
seeking consensus) for who will fill their seat.