Re: forming the Modules WG

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 7:30 AM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We approved
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/Fedora_Modularization,_Prototype_Phase
which means that "Modules Working Group" is now a Thing.

I went back to
look at how we formed the existing working groups in the first place,
and it turns out the process started with me sending this message:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2013-September/001242.html
I suggest that we start with the same process now -- I'll send out a
similar message and people can self-nominate. We can follow the same
one month timeframe, for formalization (while Langdon does his Grand
Tour), but of course that needn't stop interested people getting
started sooner.

Previously, the members were selected by FESCo from the list of
nominees. I suggest this time we have Langdon as Objective Lead do that
selection submit that to the Council for approval (which will include
FESCo voice through Josh as the Engineering lead, if necessary).

Was that initial members? Then voting took place after that?

Also, now is the time to nail down any bikeshed painting anyone has on
Modules WG vs Modularity WG vs Modularization WG. (Modularizing WG?
Modulatory WG? Modulating WG? Okay time for some coffee.)

Oscillating WG?

Seriously though, my preference is for Modularity WG, but I haven't got any paint.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and
open source software and content as a collaborative community.