Re: another logistical question: timing!

On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 04:33:19PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 03:38:44PM -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > I'm wary of calling "this list and flock" sufficient for discussion of a
> > proposal so broad in scope. Maybe the readership of this list is broader
> > than I realized,  but I worry about how much of the community this
> > discussion has reached. Certainly it hasn't been hidden, but I suspect that
> > the default assumption is that board-discuss is for board members to have
> > public discussions.
>
> I've also posted about it several times on 5tFTW, including posts of that to
> the users and devel lists, and to G+, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter, all
> mentioning important governance and leadership decisions in process.
>

> > For what it's worth, I have no objections to the proposal itself, I just
> > want to make sure we're reaching all of whatever we define as a member of
> > the community.
>
> If people think it's a good idea, we could send a message to the announce
> list, I guess. But I don't really think that'd help much over all of the
> above.

There will always be people missing things, but I don't think there is such
thing as too much communication.
So, I'm +1 on sending an email to announce@.
In the worst case there will be no reaction but at least we'll be able to send
link to the archives saying: look we did announce it and on multiple occasions
and places.

My 2cts,

Pierre