Re: another logistical question: timing!

On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 06:24:06PM +0100, Tristan Santore wrote:
> How about giving the community a vote first to see if we even want these
> changes at all ?

Every member of the community has a _voice_, and is encouraged to use it,
but we don't generally do things by direct voting. There has been ongoing
discussion here on this list, as well as a session at Flock, with a _lot_ of
effort to take input into account and adjust based on all concerns. If you
have more specific concerns that don't seem to be addressed, please raise
them.

> I can not make heads and tails of all these changes. Where are they
> listed and explained ?

You can see the latest draft at
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MatthewMiller/council-draft>, and compare to
the current <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board>.

> Also, I would like to point out that councils, only advise....so naming
> something a "council" seems a bit odd, if that same body is actually
> going to make important decisions.

There's a separate thread about naming, and the general clamor for "council"
was strong. In any case, I don't think that the limitation you're suggesting
is really there — there are a number of broad definitions of council,
including Merriam-Webster's "a group of people who are chosen to make rules,
laws, or decisions about something".

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>