Re: another logistical question: timing!

On Oct 4, 2014 2:00 PM, "Matthew Miller" <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Every member of the community has a _voice_, and is encouraged to use it,
> but we don't generally do things by direct voting. There has been ongoing
> discussion here on this list, as well as a session at Flock, with a _lot_ of
> effort to take input into account and adjust based on all concerns. If you
> have more specific concerns that don't seem to be addressed, please raise
> them.

I'm wary of calling "this list and flock" sufficient for discussion of a proposal so broad in scope. Maybe the readership of this list is broader than I realized,  but I worry about how much of the community this discussion has reached. Certainly it hasn't been hidden, but I suspect that the default assumption is that board-discuss is for board members to have public discussions.

For what it's worth, I have no objections to the proposal itself, I just want to make sure we're reaching all of whatever we define as a member of the community.