Re: another logistical question: timing!

On 04/10/14 18:11, inode0 wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Also not in the draft document: when do we want this to kick in? Options
>> vary from:
>>
>> * The moment we vote on it — BAM!
>> * One month from that point, with elections organized immediately
>> * After the F21 release when elections would be normally
>>
>> Or, some other timeframe in the middle there. I am personally interested in
>> building and keeping momentum, so my preference strongly tilts towards
>> earlier — new body starts forming immediately and formerly takes over when
>> all (or even most) seats are filled.
> I don't object to transitioning quickly but there will be some time
> needed for explaining to the community what is happening and letting
> them choose the four representatives that are more or less directly
> chosen by the community. I think they should be seated when the
> council begins its work officially.
>
> John
How about giving the community a vote first to see if we even want these
changes at all ?

I can not make heads and tails of all these changes. Where are they
listed and explained ?

Also, I would like to point out that councils, only advise....so naming
something a "council" seems a bit odd, if that same body is actually
going to make important decisions.

Regards,

Tristan

--

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx