Re: Request: ban Harald Reindl from devel@

On 05/22/2013 02:53 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
If memory serves me correct Jesse Keating did exactly that against Alan Cox on the same mailing list ( well the devel list and probably under lists.redhat at that time) way back. We did not ban him ( so it has happened before ) but then again that was a one time thing if I recall correctly in a heated steamed powered technology discussion but I might be mis-remembering
Exactly. If this was a one time thing, nobody would be discussing a ban for that. Many people have used profanity or acted out at one point or the other in the mailing lists and we are all human and make mistakes from time to time but I don't recall ever having such having a repeat offender who continues to swear or yell at others in the Fedora mailing lists repeatedly despite being asked not to do so, politely by multiple people over several mailing lists. All we got in return was not any apology but more justification and sure enough, nothing really changed in the actions. This has already resulted in many such threads being moderated in both devel and users list. The mere fact that a ban has even been proposed is because of this unusually persistent bad behavior. Tolerating is not a healthy thing to do. If anyone can convince the person to stop doing so, that would be better than a ban but so far, it appears we haven't had much success.

Rahul