Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On 10/08/2009 03:17 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
We can advance the whole Linux field faster if we're not so focused on
people that have expressed an interest in not using our software.  Let us
innovate, let the other distros polish and customize as they see fit.

No, that would advance Fedora's brand of Linux. It would do nothing to bring more people to the total FOSS/Linux count, we'd just be shuffling people around from distro to distro.

Mozilla has made great strides in getting people to convert from proprietary software to free software by giving people an alternative which works just as well or better than the proprietary software for what people use it for.

If we are truly committed to advancing FOSS, we need to do the same as best as we can.

We need to do the things that people use an OS for as well or better than the other OSes people use. There are many features of other OSes that aren't frequently used by people. If we get the big use cases, chances are we'll get help with the rest.