Re: Fedora 10 Beta Release Planning Meeting

Jesse Keating wrote:
If you hold private meetings related to Fedora, you better have very good reasons to do so and be explicit about it. It might be more work to involve other people but we must be making special efforts every step of the way to be as transparent as possible. This meeting is not a example of that.

It's also not an example of a shadowy conspiracy trying to undermine
Fedora as a project.  It's quite simply just a few people who need to
discuss things getting together and discussing them.  In the interest of
transparency, we've published notes from that discussion.
Seriously, should I put up a billboard each time I gather a couple
people on IRC to talk about an issue, or a schedule item, or a bug?  I
think you're way overreacting here.

This meeting has 13 invitees including the project leader and a variety of people from various sub projects and it is fairly clear that is not comparable to a minor IRC discussion with a couple of people. I never called it a conspiracy either. No strawman's please.

I am expressing a concern about a meeting held and organized in secret about something when there was no need to do so and such things do undermine a project even without a conspiracy (which I repeat, never accused anyone of)

I wish you would acknowledge that and help fix the process that leads to such things and make an effort to involve others next time. That involves:

* Announcing that a meeting (phone or irc) is taking place with the agenda ahead of time publicly

* Let others participate if possible or state reasons why you are limiting participants

* Post meeting minutes (and IRC logs for IRC meetings)

Fairly simple things to do really.

Rahul