Re: Fedora Board Recap 2007-NOV-13

Jesse Keating wrote:
I'd prefer that if you wish to rely upon Fedora to foot
your legal requirements, you participate in our hosting program so that
Fedora can ensure an end in sight for our legal assumed
responsibilities.

Nothing should prevent a downstream from doing their own thing, not
participating with Fedora project.  I would just rather that if they
choose to do this, that they also choose to handle their own legal
responsibilities.

So here's an interesting ramification of this: third party spins that aren't allowed to call themselves Fedora (because they add patented OSS software, for instance), won't be able to participate in our hosting program. So a solution that relies on our hosting the spins won't address the needs of those people.

I don't know if that's the target audience of the initial proposal, though.

-Toshio