Re: anaconda design mockups

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 01:56:59PM +0100, Martin Kolman wrote:
> So do we really need to think about about redesigning the server GUI ?
> We could just use what we have on Server and only do a
> simplified/streamlined GUI variant for the Workstation.

There is some interest in hubs supporting Role configuration, I
believe. But that doesn't require a redesign.

>From feedback I've seen, the big concern is storage configuration. A
lot of Server users are interested, for better or worse, in the
old-school approach of building up storage to a final configuration
from bottom-up building blocks, rather than the end-goal-work-back UI
Anaconda provides.

I'm sympathetic to the argument that it's pretty crazy to have parallel
GUIs for both of these approaches. And beyond that, making a GUI for
the build-up approach where all possibilities actually _work_ is a
combinatorial nightmare. But, I wonder if we could make the possibility
of pre-configuring storage a) more discoverable and b) easier in any
way?

See
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/263721/manual-setup-install-method-for-fedora
for just one example.