Re: Asus Xonar DS sound card

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:09:41 +0100
Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Orion wrote:
> > As for speakers/headphones, the volume drop is found in both. Although
> > since I use the analogue outputs at the back, the same ports feeds both
> > anyway. I have a 5.1 speaker system and all channels are affected by the
> > problem.
>
> There is a problem with the speakers' phase; the front speakers have
> inverted polarity.  This would result in reduced bass response when there
> is the same sound played on all speakers, so this doesn't quite fit your
> error description.  Anyway, this would be fixed with the patch below,
> which will be part of the next (stable) kernel.

Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't noticed that problem, but a fix
will be good for sure to improve things. The problem I'm having though
is clearly a major volume drop though, so I agree this doesn't sound
like the same issue.

I'll try using a LiveCD to see if the problem still exists on my system.
Maybe it's something specific about my distribution.

Regards,

Orion