Re: echo layla and digital I/O

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:00:04 +0200
Conrad Berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Guiliano,
>
> thanks for your attention.
>
> Op den Middeweken 23 Juni 2010 Klock 00:49:08 hett Giuliano Pochini schreven:
> >
> > When you record from digital inputs the clock source must be either that
> > digital signal or the word clock (Layla cards), otherwise the card can't
> > stay syncronized with the data and it reads garbage.
>
> no, at the moment, i don't want to record from the digital in. In the first
> step, i want to get signals from the analog/mic ins. That worked in regular,
> but with my own .asoundrc it doesn't work. so it seems to have something to do
> with the addition of the new digital ins.

If you use that .asoundrc then the card is recording also from the digital
channels, no matter how many channels you are actually grabbing data from.
Actually, the card is always recording and you can see it in the vu-meter.
Some cards (Gina24, Layla24, Mona) have an automute switch that can silence
digital inputs when the signal is invalid or out of sync. On other cards
you have to mute the monitor mixer manually or you will hear the noise in
the outputs. Anyway, the noise in one channel does not affect other
channels because they are independent.

> > I added suspend/resume support. It affects the startup procedure. The rest
> > didn't change much.
>
> do you have any idea, where to start looking what happend here. some kind of
> debugging or logging mechanism. my idea will  be to setup the old, but working
> driver into the new kernel. hmm?

I don't there is anything wrong, unless I misunderstood your first message.

--
Giuliano.