About using alsa-utils to test alsa driver on i.mx27 board with wm8974 soc chip

Hi all,

I have a i.mx27 board with wm8974 sound soc.
And the alsa-driver has been built for this board.
The driver seems to work well. The device file has been created.
And using "amixer scontrols", the list of all available alsa controls is displayed.

However, when playing wav file with "aplay -t wav ./test.wav",
no analogue signal is output from wm8974 mono output or speaker outputs.
Our hardware engineer verifies that the bit clock and frame sync clock
have been correctly generated by wm8974 and are present on the DAI interface. Also the digital signal has arrived wm8974's DAI interface from MX27 CPU.

Why there is no analogue output from wm8974?
Should I use "amixer" to setup some alsa controls?
And how?
And there is no asound.conf file in my root filesystem.
Must I provide the asound.conf file?

Regards,
Jie