Re: ALSA dsnoop and RAT (Robust Audio Tool)

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Ушаков Андрей wrote:

Hello all!

I got a RAT (Robust Audio Tool) application and try to make works many
instances of it properly. There is a my configuration:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=e6185615279fc6dec5bbc81336ec6d346b9d0a9d
(its default)

By default I can start two or more instances of RAT, but sound from
microphone is ugly (have a lot of jamming and interference) in this
application (in arecord and aplay sound is perfect). I waste some time and
found a problem. Problem is RAT cannot work properly with dsnoop plugin. I
go to the my card config /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf and just
change dsnoop plugin to hw:

Have you tried to set variable defaults.pcm.dmix.rate to 16000 (or to frequency which RAT uses)? Just add this line to your ~/.asoundrc:

defaults.pcm.dmix.!rate 16000

					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>